FW updater for Windows - Failed

• Since I cannot run the OSX FW updater on OSX Mavericks, I've tried the Windows updater.

I'm running on Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit.
    I've just downloaded that from here: https://www.pycom.io/support/supportdownloads/

ran the updater, connected G23 to GND, plugged into USB, waited for the driver to finish loading (COM24), selected WiPy, COM24. A message indicating the update Failed was displayed, but no informative information was given.

Would someone please help me to understand the failure and how to get around it?

• @abilio
    I've tried the update again (on Windows),, it worked this time.
    I think there was a sequencing issue the first few times, because I didn't understand the process.

How can we get in touch with the developers?
    They really should have a jumper on the board for doing the FW updates. It's too risky connecting a jumper manually each time. There is plenty of room for additional jumpers on the board.

Thanks for your help!

• @cappy2112, can you confirm you're using the upgrader called pycom_firmware_update_0.9.2.b2b? If that's the case, it should open a dialog in the background with the information on the upgrade process. If that's the case, would you be so kind to copy paste the results here?

Thanks

• I connected G23 to gnd with the USB unplugged. When I plugged in the USB connector, isn't that the same as rebooting?

• Before you run the latest updater you should be connecting G23 to Ground followed by re-boot and then run the updater. Your post implies that you were running the updater prior to linking G23 to GND and you didn't mention rebooting the WiPy2/LoPy,

Pycom on Twitter