SiPy and Sigfox BTS... HELP.

• Hello, good day to all.

I am trying to connect my SiPy device to the Sigfox network, through the BTS that I have installed in my house. I already registered SiPy in the "backend" of Sigfox, however I still have not been able to connect to the network ... How can I do it?

0_1494854663768_upload-95bb8818-a73b-4bc9-8a95-ac9905ef9eca

Thanks for helping...

• Hi @scg94

Sorry, I'm jumping late in this topic

1/ Did you manage to get this sorted ?
    2/ If not, I assume you got this base station through a loan from Phaxsi Solutions ? Please send details to devrelations@sigfox.com so we can have a look
    3/ In case you're unaware, Phaxsi is organising two developer events next week in Bogota & Medellin : makers.sigfox.com/tour

• @bucknall Hi,

I have tried with two devices SiPy that I have, but the truth I have my doubts of the BTS, I think it is incorrectly installed, since it was pending the laying of the LNA, the antenna goes directly to the BTS ...

Can this be a problem?
    Is there no way to query the BTS from the device, to see if it is within reach? (Although the antenna is within 5 meters).

Thanks for your help.

• @scg94 That all looks correct to me. Have you tested the BTS with a different Sigfox device?

• @bucknall Thank you...
    I have configured it and I have sent messages in a satisfactory way (I have no error), the device is correct for the area, at 22dBm, however I do not have anything in Sigfox's Backend ...

>from network import Sigfox
    >import socket
    >sigfox = Sigfox(mode=Sigfox.SIGFOX, rcz=Sigfox.RCZ2)

>s = socket.socket(socket.AF_SIGFOX, socket.SOCK_RAW)
    >s.setblocking(True)
    >s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_SIGFOX, socket.SO_RX, False)
    >s.send(bytes([1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12]))

0_1494864297239_upload-a6c45975-93b1-4aaa-a168-9f9b003f2f8d

Regards...

• @scg94 Assuming that the BTS was installed correctly, you should not require to do anything. The Sigfox network does not require a 'connection' rather the device simply transmits and the BTS will pick up the message.

You can check a couple of things about your SiPy:

1. Is the device set up for the correct RCZ?
    2. Are you using the correct dBm (22 or 14) for your region?
    3. Is the SiPy antenna connected to the correct connector?
    4. Did you register the device (on the Sigfox Backend) to the correct country and network?

If these are still not working, please post the code you are using and I will double check the details for you.

Thanks,

Alex

• Hi, thanks for your prompt reply.

I am in Manizales / Colombia, it is the first antenna that is located in this place, so through one of the providers installed a BTS with the respective LNA and its Antenna. But I do not know how I can connect ...

0_1494855253689_upload-09a942bb-5336-4e63-af02-846ea0e1bb3a

Regards...

• Hi @scg94,

What is the BTS you have installed? Sigfox normally do not provide basestations to customers as they manage their own network along with their Network Operators such as VT Networks (Ireland) or Arqiva (United Kingdom).

Pycom on Twitter