Updater Fails on all platforms
Hi, When i run the updater i get the error "Something failed trying to contact the server.". I have tried on linux, windows and OSX.
Thanks for the super fast reply @robert-hh
- I am using bare board
- yes i can successfully connect to the device- in normal boot i get the python prompt, and with the jumper on GP23 i get "waiting for download"
- Pc is connected to the internet
- As above GPIO0 is tied to ground
I have just solved the issue- i had selected the south african server in the menu, which failed.
I now selected Europe (because it's also RCZ1) and this worked perfectly.
Thanks again for the help!
robert-hh last edited by
@shaulf Some questions:
- Which set-up are you using? Bare board or board with expansion board.
- Can you connect via USB to the device (using e.g. Linux picocom, Windows Putty or OS X Screen) and get a Python prompt? The devices are semnt with a firmware loaded.
- Does PC you are using have a connection to the internet.
- Did you connect GPIO0 (= GP23 or P2) to GND and reset the device, before you started loading?