New Pytrack and Pysense firmware release (0.0.4)

• administrators

Hello,

Firmware release 0.0.4 for Pytrack and Pysense is now available. Here's the change log:

• Recover gracefully from I2C bus errors.
    • Implement I2C slave clock stretching in order to avoid Rx buffer overflows.

Basically this new firmware solves a bug that would cause the Pytrack or Pysense to become unresponsive on the I2C bus until a power cycle was performed.

Please follow this instructions in order to install the new firmware: https://docs.pycom.io/chapter/pytrackpysense/installation/firmware.html

Important: When applying this release to a Pytrack or Pysense board, make sure to be running the latest firmware on the Pycom module as well, since clock stretching support was only added 2 releases ago (on 1.7.5.b1).

Cheers,
    Daniel

• @jmarcelino It turned out when I used a different computer it worked first time. Thanks for the help anyway I think it may have been a motherboard issue.

thanks,

Chris

• Is it now possible to wake up from deep Sleep (py.setup_sleep(SLEEP_TIME) & py.go_to_sleep()) from one of the EXT_IO header ?

• @chrisi
    Did you connect the USB while pressing the button on the Pytrack/Pysense? Also remember you only get about 6 seconds to run the dfu-util command after that, goes quite quickly.

You might also need to run it with sudo.

• I have tried updating both the Pytrack and Pysense but keep on getting the error "No DFU capable USB device available". I have tried both Debian on a raspbian and Fedora on a computer. Have tried all com ports on devices and different cables. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.