[FOSS] Sigfox Companion App

• I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so if it is in the wrong category I'll move it, or if possible a moderator could move it.

Me and my friend made an Android app that allows you to get data from the Sigfox cloud and display it on your Android device. We spent a few weeks working on it, and the source code is available on GitHub. The app was tested using a PyTrack and PySense device to transmit the data. These devices used a SiPy board to send the data.

The PyMate app didn't seem to be working, and also didn't seem to exactly meet our requirements. As a result of this we decided to create our own, and also make it free software.

The app was developed during a work placement we were on, which ends today. After today we will no longer have access to PyCom devices. We will also not be able to work on it as actively. We have open sourced the app under the MIT license. We encourage anyone who has the time and the desire to improve the app. It is still in an early state, but we added as many features to it as we could. There were a number of things we didn't get a chance to do, such as code cleanup, adding an icon and other finishing touches. But the app, as it currently stands, works.

If you would like to take a look at the app, the source code is available on GitHub. Feel free to fork the repository: https://github.com/PycomCompanion/sigfoxcompanion

If you have any questions about the app or would like to contact myself or my friend, here are our email addresses:

Email: eamonnrea@gmail.com
    Email: b.p.young1234@gmail.com

Many thanks.

Pycom on Twitter