IP67 Case for Pysense/Pytrack
I want to put a LoPy on a PyTrack expansion board in the small IP67 Case for Pysense/Pytrack sold at https://www.pycom.io/product/ip67-case/
Have a couple of questions about this setup
Where does the LiPo battery go? Is there room under the board? What is the largest battery that you can fit there?
Seems to be pretty tight with the usb port. Do you need to take the PyTrack out of the case every time you want to charge (usb) or reprogram/python cli (usb).
Is there an antenne (868MHz) that will fit in the case? Or du you need to punch a hole in the lid to put in the standard LoPy antenna?
Is it best to put the antenna on top of the lid or on the side ?
@sysfrog If you are using pysense/pytrack, you dont need the deepsleep shield
- They will be available soon
- Yep, its designed for both
- A flat lipo can go either on top or there are some slots inside the case that might be suitable depending on the battery size
- There will be a push out for a micro usb cable that will fit the connector through it.
- Screws in the same way our existing cases work
- Not yet, they will be published as soon as we do
- The plans at the moments are for black and transparent only, I will pass on your query though
@seb Oooh, neat! Questions, though:
- do you have schematics with dimensions?
- can you confirm it's suitable for the Pysense as well as the expansion board?
- how is the board kept in place? Screws? Clips? Something else?
- what space is there for flat rectangular Lipo batteries? Where would it fit? Above or below the board?
- is there a hole for the micro-USB? Is it correctly aligned for both Pysense and expansion board? Obviously given the position of the JST header and the micro-USB on the Pysense, the whole would need to be large enough to let the micro-USB plug casing through?
- how is the case closed? How do you open it?
- do you have pictures of the transparent case?
- any plans for something white/grey?
@seb Great! Thank you.
Here you go: https://pycom.io/product/universal-ip67-case/
Keep an eye out on our website, we will have some good news for you around this topic soon
I am also looking for buying the IP67 case.
Can you tell me your feedback about the IP67 case and the antenna usage?
Did you finally find an antenna that fits the case?
In case of external antenna, does that mean that I need to make a hole?
Can you give me the reference of the battery you bought?
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I bought the PyTrack and the small IP67 Case and I have made a few observations.
With a LoPy and that deepsleep shield there is not a lot of room for anything in the case especially if you want to avoid covering the ceramic GPS antenna on the board.
It is a good idea to have a battery holder or make a female -> male powercord to change batteries.
I need to remove the pytrack to change the battery and to access the usb.
It is going to pretty tight if you want to have an internal antenna and a battery of some size.
I have ordered a shorter antenna to put on the outside of the casing, let you know how it goes.
I actually have the same questions. Specifically is there is an internal antenna available.
If not, maybe just an insulated wire of a specific length will can be used?