Pytrack - precision?

• Hi
    What kind of precision are you guys experiencing on Pytrack? Especially the Z-coord. (I haven't bought one yet, and I am only assuming Z is available)
    Best, Mathias.

• as @crumble say water level is probably not possible to mesure.
    If lat log is in pecision meters then you water level will be quite same..

Use different approach, there are many better ways for this task.

• @maku said in Pytrack - precision?:

@livius thanks. I need it on a lake, idea was to measure water level. Can you get number of sattelites used?

A normal GPS system will not have the accuaray you need for this task. There may be expensive GPS systems which can do this.You will need another sensor.

If it must be low cost and can be coast based, you can try to use ultrasonic or infrared distance sensors.

• @maku
    I do not record number of sattelites into database, but i record data only with minimal 5.
    You must take it self or someone eles have this info.

• @livius thanks. I need it on a lake, idea was to measure water level. Can you get number of sattelites used?

• @livius The original question was accuracy of the 'Z-coord'

• @maku
    Pytrack have only internal antenna.

If we talking about numbers. I have tested it on windowsill only but:
    Precision of GLONASS is outstanding for me, GPS fluctuate sadly.
    e.g. 10 days stats.
    GLONAS fluctuate about real position in circle 5 meters diameter
    GPS fluctuate about 17 meters diameter.
    But stats are
    GLONAS 96% frames with <2 meters diameter.
    GPS 64% frames with <2 meters diameter GPS 21% between 2 and 6 meters diameter
    All frames taken with fix acquired.

But as i say i tested it only on windowsill in Poland.

• Anyone able to supply some numbers? And antenna solutions?

• @maku said in Pytrack - precision?:

Hi
    What kind of precision are you guys experiencing on Pytrack? Especially the Z-coord. (I haven't bought one yet, and I am only assuming Z is available)
    Best, Mathias.

PyTrack is a GPS board, you can expect the same as from any other commercial GPS modules today. If you mean ASL by 'Z-coord' it is the most unaccurate and it may vary region by region.

Pycom on Twitter