Fipy without expansion board

• Hello everyone.

I just received the pycom fipy board but I do not have an expansion board to transfer data to/from controller, so Ive tried to use the gpio ports and a serial-to-usb converter with little success...

For the serial usb driver I am using Profilic PL2303 for Windows.
    My device has a led blinking blue every 4 seconds or so, so the device power is working correctly.
    Did anyone achieve this setup? I tried switching the programming ports also but did not change anything.

pycom board
    pycom serial

• @jonaswg I never did that with a newer xxPy device. But I used Wipy 1 in that mode with a Debian Linux computer. If you terminal emulator has flow control, switch that off. The other settings are 115200 baud, 8 bit, no parity. If you push reset at the FiPy, you shoudl at least see some boot messages.

• @robert-hh Did you manage to do something like this using a Raspberry PI or similar to communicate with the serial port?
    I tried this also with same results.
    I find serial com /dev/ttyAMA0 but if I try to write to it my terminal freezes up.

• @jonaswg The blue LED tells, that the FiPy is working. Take care to set the voltage for Tx/Rx to 3.3V. You may also supply the FiPy from the 3.3V pin of your USB/Serial Adapter into the Vin Pin of FiPy. And, as always, try to swap Tx and Rx.

Pycom on Twitter

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.