Letting two WiPy talk to each other

• Hello,

I'm currently failing to have two WiPy talk to each and another over WiFi.
    I am connecting one WiPy to the hotspot of another wipy.

The server wipy the has a socket listening to port ('',9999). The in my loop I accept new connections with socket.accept().
    The other wipy then tries to connect its socket to that adress.

However this is failing and I was looking for some good examples online. Sadly I found only this example on Github which does not work for me.

Can anyone get me started so the two wipys can talk to each other?

Thank you!

• Hello @binux I know this is a slightly old thread, but i wondered if you could perhaps share your code please? I am trying to do something similar - I would like to run two pytracks accelerometer at or as near the same time so I can record vibrations at two positions and unless trying to reset both at the same time I am unsure how to do so, I thought your code may help!

Thanks

• I got the problem solved. It looks like the IP adress 192.168.4.1 creates the issue.

I got them connected to a seperate hotspot and with the new IP adresses it worked...

• @livius

I just tried to connect the WiPy server with Putty and this worked. So the issue seems to be at the other side -> client wise, but I can't figure out what it is. Any other ideas?

• @livius

i got them updated now. No change. I now also use the code above 1:1 -> I still get the OSError: -1 at the point of socket.connect(addr)

• @binux
    i do not worked with this version but i suppose it should work
    but better try to update you firmware - current is 1.10.2.b1

• @livius

(sysname='WiPy', nodename='WiPy', release='1.7.5.b2', version='v1.8.6-694-g25826866 on 2017-06-29', machine='WiPy with ESP32')

• @binux
    and os.uname()?
    And OSError - 1 i suppose is releated to memory alloc problem..

• Hi livius,

I'm using the WiPy 2 (I guess - didn't know there was a third one).
    I have no error message. I was trying the example I linked above. Basically my "server" startsup and blocks while going in listening. Meanwhile my "client" tries to connect the IP. At some point the client stops with a OS error -1 (timeout I guess)

Nothing else is happening...

• @binux said in Letting two WiPy talk to each other:

However this is failing

Have you some error message?
    And what is your firmware? os.uname()?
    And by Wipy - are you talking about Wipy1, Wipy2 or Wipy3?

Pycom on Twitter