New firmware release v1.15.0.b1
We have just released firmware v1.15.0.b1. These are the release notes:
- esp32: Store the buffered LoRaWAN MAC commands before entering deep sleep.
- esp32: Add modutimeq module.
- esp32: Use LTE module Airplane mode to save mode when IDLE (FiPy and GPy).
- esp32: Rename uart.tx_done() to uart.wait_tx_done() and correct the behaviour.
- esp32: Fix crash on LoPy4 due to SX1276 sleep function being outside of IRAM.
- esp32: Make sure that static mutexes are allocated from internal memory only.
- esp32: Fix queue module crash and add full() and empty() methods.
- esp32/sigfox: Update modsigfox libraries to support dual core mode (SiPy, FiPy and LoPy4)
- esp32: mods/modutime.c: ticks_add returns with an unsigned int
- esp32: Fix modbt scan response adv data length
- esp32: Add Bluetooth.CHAR_SUBSCRIBE_EVENT
Additional to that there have been a few fixes on the modbus library: https://github.com/pycom/pycom-modbus/commit/3932d5b4bded4249a8aee023e84107a1b8a6d08a
To the Deepsleep shield, Pytrack, Pysense calibration functions before deepsleep: https://github.com/pycom/pycom-libraries/commit/1fbc177d38b514b1890bcfc9df2b89621643ea3f
To the Pytrack GPS library: https://github.com/pycom/pycom-libraries/commit/a71e9863d3f085fa05c0be88a64def73d4f24873
The typos have been fixed in the docs and the firmware will have the extra R removed in the next release, thanks for reporting this.
@daniel During playing around with CAN class I think I found an inconsistence:
According to the docs https://docs.pycom.io/chapter/firmwareapi/pycom/machine/CAN.html (in the
can.callbackcode snippet) there is a trigger constant called
CAN.RX_FIFO_OVERRUN(double R), but using it from the REPL causing an error. It turned out that it should be
CAN.RX_FIFO_OVERRRUN(triple R) as in the Constants section in the same docs.
Also it should be
RTCin the Constructors section.
@daniel LTE connection is no longer possible with the 1.15.0b1 firmware. The old version is more stable. Will there be a new version issued soon?
When can we have custom APN setup in firmware?
No such luck (yet). There was no magic AT command in there, just the plain old ones... yawn
@brotherdust hahaha :-)
Get AT command manual
- CONNECT ALL THE THINGS
- TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
But gitbook seems to be slow building updates today...
Frantically hammering the F5 button...
@brotherdust we just received a public version of the AT command manual and we are going to release it shortly :-).
@daniel Can we please, please, please have the AT command guide? I've been having to do a lot of guesswork to get my modem to connect. In other words, you're holding me back. =)
Good news and nice work! For next version, we are looking forward to have a way to custom the APN for the LTE-M1 module as well as a function to send AT command to it. Thanks a lot, team!
@daniel Was reading through the commit last night. Nice work! Couldn’t help but notice there were some changes in 3gpp regarding how APN is set up. Is this perhaps some prep-work for being able to specify custom APN? 😁 When will the AT command guide be released? When will MP functions be available for custom AT commands? Thanks!