Is there a specific reason CPU 0 is not used by the Pycom MicroPython implementation?

• While digging through the source of the Pycom MicroPython fork, I noticed that all FreeRTOS tasks are pinned to CPU 1. Even the _thread API pins all its tasks to CPU 1.

Is there a specific reason to do so? Would it cause problems if something ran on CPU 0?
    Does that mean any Python code will run on CPU 1?

Edit: Just found out that this was changed in version 1.14.0.b1. Before that CPU 1 was not used at all.
    Since CPU 0 will be mostly idle in my use case (no WiFi/BT), it may be a good idea to switch for example the LoRa Task to CPU 0 to balance the load. As far as I can see there shouldn't be any problems with that, because everything is already using FreeRTOS queues internally which should be truly thread safe. Is this correct?

As far as I can see changing the _thread API to allow to run on different or any CPU would not give any benefits, because MicroPython uses a GIL internally which would prevent other Python code from running at the same time anyway. Is this correct?

Pycom on Twitter

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.