How can I track my error on onewire library

• Hello

I am trying to use the DS18x20 sensor.
    For this I download the library onewire and I pasted it into /flash/lib/onewire.py

Then I upload my code from Atom.

I am surprised to read that error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "main.py", line 5, in <module>
      File "/flash/lib/onewire.py", line 1, in <module>
    NameError: name 'I' is not defined

Because of that message I checked the line of the file /flash/lib/onewire.py and I Can NOT see the caracter I, which should be a variable undefined. As I does not exsist, how can I solve my problem?

I imported onewire.py as the following

from onewire import DS18X20 #This is at line 5, as state in the error message
    from onewire import OneWire # for DS18D20

Cheers and thank, have a nice evening

• @robert-hh Hello. Thnak for your reply. Apparently, after the transfer, a H (or a I, etc) is added as the first caracter, as the following:

H#!/usr/bin/env python3
    """
    OneWire library for MicroPython
    """

It the reason why I got that error. The problem, I can not correct it directely because after saving it, the file become newer than the source and it will be overwritten at the next sync.

Then I look at the other lib file and I observed than none of them has that line. I remove and it work until I got a message stating, it can not imported DS18X20.

I first open my file with textwrangler, then I open it with Atom and I observed, the text was terribly formated (A lot on the same line).

I reformat it and it's works but not always..

Now the problem it state a

File "main.py", line 9, in <module>
      File "/flash/lib/onewire.py", line 2
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

here is line two:

#!/usr/bin/env python3
    """
    OneWire library for MicroPython├č
    """

import time
    import machine

class OneWire:

What is wrong?
    Then I gave a spave (return key) before the """ and I got the same error message

File "main.py", line 9, in <module>
      File "/flash/lib/onewire.py", line 1, in <module>
    NameError: name 'A' is not defined

Then how can sync my onewire file without a formatting issue and with a unwish caracter before the first line?

Does I need to check something on Atom?

Thabk for your help

EDIT:
    OK. Problem seems to be solved. I copy again the content of onewire.py to /Flash/lib/onwire.py and on Atom, at the bottom right, I changed LF to CRLF.

The problem does not appear any more.
    That funny because my main.py has LF (and not CRLF) and I do not have this problem with main.py

• @pierrot10 No, you do not need boot.py.
    The error is strange, and looks for me like a pymakr "surprise". If you can connect with ftp, check that the files are where you expect them and what is in the files.

• @pierrot10 However, I just read that file from the exemple
    boot.py
    I have not copy. Sorry for my question, but this is mandatory? Because it look like UART and do not use UART. That make sens?

Tks
    Cheers

Hello World?

Pylife on Kickstarter - November 2018

Back Us On Kickstarter >

Pycom on Twitter