Pybytes and LTE

• Hi,

I have been working on a couple of Gpy boards and got to a position where everything is functional. Now I want to have a nice dashboard, add FOTA, etc.

LTE is working. I've been doing HTTP requests without any issues. But there seems to be no support on Pybytes for LTE.

The configuration menu on Pybytes's admin panel does ask what priority of network modules you want when adding a new device. I select LTE as the only option, all good. No configuration fields for the LTE network to be seen though. And of course, the board fails miserably when it tries to connect to PyBytes. The terminal shows:

Using configuration from /flash/pybytes_config.json
    WMAC: 30ae********
    Firmware: 1.17.5.b4
    Can't enstablish a connection with the networks specified

There is no LTE field that can be set in pybytes_config.json, so I went a bit further and downloaded the library. Surprise, no LTE functions! Only LoRa, WiFi and Sigfox.

Am I missing something? Is this a feature that is going to be added?

Thanks

• @orcua
    I'm not sure. I'll ping the Pybytes team and ask them to post here

• @jmarcelino any date for this to be solved?

• @jmarcelino Thanks for getting back to me. I have to decide whether I should wait or fork the library and add the feature myself. Would it be possible to know roughly when it will be available? I will be able to make a decision with that bit of info.

Thanks!

• @tealbrains said in Pybytes and LTE:

Is this a feature that is going to be added?

Correct, that's still being working on.

Pycom on Twitter