Pulse control in deep sleep (ULP)

• Hi, I'm doing several projects with the Sipy module and the pysense and pytrack boards, all are projects powered by lipo batteries and therefore I work a lot with the deep sleep mode. I chose Pycom based on the ESP32 chip, which I worked with using its native ide.

My problem is that ULP is not yet implemented and therefore I cannot control some sensors like PIR or flowmeters in deep sleep mode. I've read several posts in the forum that say it will be implemented, but I don't know when, because those posts are a year old.

Is there a specific implementation date for ULP in the Pycom firmware? Can those pulses be controlled in some other way without using external hardware (I think not)? Any solution to this problem?

Greetings and thanks.

• The most recent post concernign ULP is here: https://forum.pycom.io/topic/7026/ulp-testing-pycom-firmware-with-ulp-support. From what I know we're still interested in implementing this feature, but again, we're interested in implementing a lot of features, with only limited time :)

• Hello there,
    I am quite new in Pycom boards programming and I am interested in ESP32 ULP (Ultra Low Power) feature.

As far as I understand, it is not yet officially supported by the Pycom firmware and therefore cannot be addressed while coding in MicroPython with the official firmware.
    Posts I have read on this subject are all quite old and it seems that supporting ULP features is not in the current roadmap.
    Is there any news or forecasts about that? @Pycom-Ambassadors

Thanks in advance & nice day to all :)

Pycom on Twitter