New Firmware Updater version 1.15.1

• administrators

Today we released a new firmware updater 1.15.1

GUI improvements:

• The wizard should now size correctly on Windows (please let me know if you think this is not the case!)

• The firmware updater should now remember the firmware type

• Improved feedback when flashing development firmware

• Improved Results screen on success (including use of copy/select all)

• Fixes an issue that would cause the firmware updater to get stuck in offline mode

• Fixes an issue that would cause the results screen to appear prematurely with a "You should not be seeing this message..." message while the upgrade process is still running in the background

0_1529447471124_2018-06-09_20-17-20.png

CLI updater:

• The pybytes_config.py file is now recreated when changing wifi settings

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

• @xykon said in New Firmware Updater version 1.15.1:

@bmarkus Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] is a broad classification used by the Avast Behavior Monitor feature for software that exhibits suspicious behavior categorized as potentially malicious. The Behavior Monitoring feature observes the behavior of processes as they run programs.

The firmware updater connects to the Internet. That is considered "suspicious" for some anti-virus applications.

Thanks for the details. However it is a bit strange,a s I'm frequently installing programs connecting to the net during installation and have never seen such message from my AVAST.

Anyhow, I will ad it as an exception.

• administrators

@bmarkus Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] is a broad classification used by the Avast Behavior Monitor feature for software that exhibits suspicious behavior categorized as potentially malicious. The Behavior Monitoring feature observes the behavior of processes as they run programs.

The firmware updater connects to the Internet. That is considered "suspicious" for some anti-virus applications.

• 0_1532452257230_4724413e-7d58-43e4-a417-12d81b9d7937-image.png 0_1532452208520_a7dea199-c98d-4ebb-b68e-527d98554615-image.png

It is in Hungarian, but it says updater is infected by WIn32:Evo-gen virus.

• My Avast antivirus doesn't let installer run on WIN10, sent to Avast Lab for evaluation. Waiting for the result.

Pycom on Twitter