Network Performance Measure with Pycom Board

• Hello,

I'm currently using GPy + Pysense.
    Does anyone have any idea on how to measure network performance (E.g.: throughput, latency) using Pycom Board?
    I intend to compare wifi & nb-iot performance.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers!
    le_wildfox

• @le_wildfox I'm not very familiar with NB-IoT, but from what I understand, it is quite specifically designed to not offer great throughput or latency, as the priority is low power.

The peak rate is between 20 and 250 kbits/s, and latency is counted in seconds... Not sure exactly what you expect to get...

• @bmarkus said in Network Performance Measure with Pycom Board:

@le_wildfox said in Network Performance Measure with Pycom Board:

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea on how to measure network performance (E.g.: throughput, latency) using Pycom Board?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers!
    le_wildfox

WiFi and NB-IoT are two different kind of animals. I dont't think it has too much sense to compare latency and throughput.

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your response.
    Yes, so true.
    But, say, if I want to measure just for the nb-iot, do you think it's possible with a script running on the pycom board?
    Any idea on how to implement that?

Cheers!

• @le_wildfox said in Network Performance Measure with Pycom Board:

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Cheers!
    le_wildfox

WiFi and NB-IoT are two different kind of animals. I dont't think it has too much sense to compare latency and throughput.

Pycom on Twitter