pytrack external IO header clarifications
tttadam last edited by
The external header description is a little unclear for me:
- What does 2 - PWR_EN mean?
- What is the difference between 3 - 3V3_Sensors and 4 - 3V3_Pymodule?
- I can control the lopy4 rgb led over 5 - EXT_IO0 (RGB_LED) from an enxternal controller? Or what does rgb_led mean?
- If I want 5V from pytrack+lopy4 combo I can't do it over the external header? Like configurate G15 to OUTPUT.
- What does PIC_RC0 and PIC_RC1 means?
+Bonus: Can I use 2 18650 batteries to power the sytem? I should use them in paralel if I am right. Can I use the jst connector or hook it somewhere else?
Thank you in advance! :)
jcaron last edited by
@tttadam the difference between the two 3V3 pins is that they are controlled separately, so you can choose what is powered.
3V3_Pymodule is powered when the module (LoPy 4, FiPy, etc.) is powered.
3V3_Sensors is powered when the sensors on the Pytrack (GPS, accelerometer, etc.) are powered.
IIRC they are controlled by separate pins on the PIC and you can choose to power the sensors or not (see the Pytrack libraries for details).
tttadam last edited by
@dan Thank you! But I need some clerification still :)
- 2 PWR_EN: it's connected to P3 (same) - Still don't get it what can I use it for :(
- 3 3V3_Pymodule: 3v3 coming from the board - So, this is the port where I can power some external moduls? like sensors and such
- 4 3V3_Sensors: 3v3 going to the sensors on Pytrack. - Still don't get it what can I use it for, If the pytrack is connected to lopy4, and a the lopy4 is on (powered through pytrack via jst or usb, than why would I need to power them externaly?
- 5 PIC_RC0 is toggling the bootloader mode and connected to P2 RGB_LED
Yes, you can control the LoPy 4 RGB Led over 5 - How? Like I took an other devboard (esp32 or such) and controll the led bypassing the lopy4? What would be the benefit of that?
I ordered a this 5000mah Li-ion battery.
dan last edited by
PWR_EN: it's connected to
3V3_Pymodule: 3v3 coming from the board
3V3_Sensors: 3v3 going to the sensors on Pytrack.
PIC_RC0is toggling the bootloader mode and connected to
- Yes, you can control the LoPy 4 RGB Led over 5
I assume you can, as long as it's within the specifications of the module (you can find the datasheets on our docs) . Note that we don't take responsibility for damage caused by 3rd party parts.