SiPy details

• Hi,

So SiPys are shipping now and - got mine today, thanks! I had a look and can see the Sigfox module but can't really figure out what - if anything - can be done with it at this point.

dir(sf)
    ['init', 'mac', 'SIGFOX', 'FSK', 'RCZ1', 'RCZ2', 'RCZ3', 'RCZ4']
    sf.mac()
    b'p\xb3\xd5I\x93\x04\xf1\xb8'

Sigfox devices usually require activation via device ID and the PAC, so not sure what the mac() really is, where to register it and so on..

Any tips at all or just a 'not so fast, we're working on it' would be very welcome :-)

Thanks

• Hope you can support SNEK (Sigfox network emulator) mode too - switching between the public and private Sigfox keys - that's actually how I do my development :-)

Yes we do. Supporting that is actually one of the requirements to get the modules certified by Sigfox :-)
    We will publish the full Sigfox API and quick reference docs in a couple of days.

• Hope you can support SNEK (Sigfox network emulator) mode too - switching between the public and private Sigfox keys - that's actually how I do my development :-)

• From what I'm told there is no ID + PAC on the modules yet, the device is still finishing certification at Sigfox, at which point they'll get ID and provisioning keys assigned - the soft update should then implement those on the module.

@jmarcelino thanks, that's exactly the case.

Unless Pycom has other plans I'd also expect it to show up in the Sigfox backend activation page: https://backend.sigfox.com/activate so you can register your SiPy on your chosen network and collect your data.

We will share all the details around that later this week.

• From what I'm told there is no ID + PAC on the modules yet, the device is still finishing certification at Sigfox, at which point they'll get ID and provisioning keys assigned - the soft update should then implement those on the module.

Unless Pycom has other plans I'd also expect it to show up in the Sigfox backend activation page: https://backend.sigfox.com/activate so you can register your SiPy on your chosen network and collect your data.

• @jmarcelino Thanks, I found that post but since @daniel said it'd be delivered this weekend maybe we could get something. (:

My guess would be there's already an embedded ID / Pac in each device and there should be a function to get them, there's no need for certification to do tests in Sigfox and creating one and adding them through the firmare update seems a bit too complicated -to me.

Guess we can only wait for updates through this week.

Cheers!

• @jaimeFH
    Hi Jaime,

Not yet. Check today's weekly update post https://forum.pycom.io/topic/431/weekly-update-w-c-2nd-jan-2017/5

"SiPy:
    We are rushing the certification through with Sigfox and expect some good news also this week."

• Hi, just got my Sipy and got stuck on this too. I couldn't find a way to get the ID and PAC for Sigfox, is there already an update on this topic or should we wait a bit more?

Best wishes,
    Jaime

• Hi @jmarcelino,

You are correct, we are working with Sigfox at the moment to complete the process for activating the devices.
    The ID and the PAC will be flashed by the update tool. In the meantime, you can configure the radios in FSK mode and do point to point between 2 SiPy's.

For example:

from network import Sigfox
    import socket
    import time

sfx = Sigfox(mode=Sigfox.FSK)
    s = socket.socket(socket.AF_SIGFOX, socket.SOCK_RAW)
    s.setblocking(True)

while True:
        s.send('Test-1')  # on the other SiPy do: s.send('Test-2')
        time.sleep(1)
        print(s.recv(32))

We are working on the docs for the Sigfox class and we will publish them over the weekend. Thank you for your support and patience.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Pycom on Twitter