ImportError for local code modules

• Re: ImportError even module is in the same folder

Hi,

I am just trying to make a start on my first Pycom project and I added a couple of code files (.py) and tried to import them into main.py. I have tried with the files in the same folder as main.py and the /lib folder. Neither will work, I just get "ImportError" message. I have investigated a little and I think it may be related to the sys.path which is set as follows:
    ['', '/flash', '/flash/lib'] which is what you would expect on the device itself but not in the project folder. I have tried uploading to the device as well as just trying to run the main.py but that doesn't work either (I was half expecting that to work).

Are there some settings I should adjust?

Thanks

• @changeddaily Glad to here it's working now :)

• Thank you Robert-hh. That has helped me get to the bottom of the problem. The directory structure on the module was not correct. I had been following an example which had a 'scripts' folder which was messing things up. Using the listdir() method quickly showed this up. I am also using FTP to connect and browse the directory structure on the device but I hadn't looked at that last night.

All working now.

• @changeddaily '' tells to expect the files in the same folder. If you have a file called sample.py, import sample should find that. Are you sure that the files are on the device? in REPL, what is the result of:

import uos
    uos.listdir()

You should get a list of file names.

Pycom on Twitter