Devices lost LoRa activation

• I have 6 LoPy nodes deployed in the field connected to brocaar loraserver (loraserver.io). For unknown reason (I'm still investigating) all the devices lost it's activation, by the way the devices messages appears correctly under gateway but I think LoPys have lost the sequence number. The nodes are OTAA activated.

At the moment LoPys in the field think they are joined to the network, but they aren't (the gateway rejects their messages).

One of the nodes has easy access and pressing reset button has reactivated correctly and now is sending messages.

I want to know if it's possible to reactivate remotely, by means of sending an special packet or something similar. Anyone here knows if it's possible or had a similar experience?

Best regards

• @River are you sure you’re not missing something in your code? When you wake up, you should restore LoRa settings, then check if the node thinks it has joined, and it not, try to join.

If some any reason you don’t get to the LoRa save, the next restore will result in the device having lost the join state, and being unable to send anything...

• @bmarkus The devices lost it's activation key. Finally went to the site in order to reset manually the nodes and they rejoined without problems.

The next idea I have for future development is to send a ping packet periodically from the node to gateway application, if the node doesn't receive a downlink then do a rejoin to the network.
    Sadly, this will require to save another variable to nvs in order to keep a counter of wakes or sent packets.

• @River said in Devices lost LoRa activation:

At the moment LoPys in the field think they are joined to the network, but they aren't (the gateway rejects their messages).

What do you mean GW rejects their messages, can you provide details?

• Hello @robert-hh From web frontend it's blocked, but I will test to modify the value directly under database, by the way I've just asked under loraserver forums too in order to "touch the correct knob".

Thinking a little bit more, maybe it's not possible to reset or make rejoin remotely..

• @River Can you reset the counter in the loraserver portal? TTN allows to do so.

Pycom on Twitter