No Access Point SSID Detected

• I seem to be jumping from problem to problem with this little GPY board! I'm trying to flash the LTE firmware from the SD card, but I'm not able to connect to my home WiFi. I figured I'd simplify the matter and let the module run its own Access Point, but nothing I'm trying seems to be broadcasting an SSID. For example the following I put into the boot.py and upload, but I see nothing in Windows network detection nor on my Android phone.

Most basic! I would expect some default SSID name from this, but I don't know:

from network import WLAN
    wlan = WLAN()

I took the above and added one line from documentation which didn't show up either:

from network import WLAN
    wlan = WLAN()
    wlan.init(mode=WLAN.AP, ssid='wipy-wlan', auth=(WLAN.WPA2,'www.wipy.io'), channel=7, antenna=WLAN.INT_ANT)

• @Sn3akyP3t3 said in No Access Point SSID Detected:

What is the underlying reason for the need to do this?

If I got this right, the reason is that

the partition table is changed

due to the new formatting mechanism of NVS introduced in IDF_v3.2 (1.20.1)

So, I am figuring something in NVRAM might be crucial to get right which otherwise might magically break the WiFi and/or LoRa bearers.

References

• This indeed solved the issue. What is the underlying reason for the need to do this? I didn't see anything wrong in code nor did I get any indication something wasn't kosher during flashing previously.

• @Sn3akyP3t3 Please can you go the Pycom flasher folder and from a cmd / terminal type the following:

pycom-fwtool-cli.exe -p "your com port" erase_all

Re-flash your device and your AP should come up.

Pycom on Twitter