Anyone used GPy w/ Verizon Thingspace in US?

• I have a Verizon MTM sim to use with the GPy via their Thingspace portal. So far I haven't even made it past the activation step; it always fails. A verizon rep is working with me on the problem but it's been a few days and they haven't figured it out yet (not front line tech support, it's a pretty knowlegable person).

So has anyone done this yet with any success? Trying to figure out if I should try a different carrier.

The sim type appears to be M2MTCSIM-TRI-NR-D and I'm based in the US. Thanks for any info!

K

• For future reference (if anyone else wants to try thingspace): It works. I was able to do the simple GET request over a socket and get back some bytes.

Here's another question though: If it's working, is there any reason I should upgrade the modem firmware? I've already upgraded the GPy to the latest but it looks like there's a newer modem firmware as well:

>>> import sqnsupgrade
    >>> sqnsupgrade.info()
    <<< Welcome to the SQN3330 firmware updater [1.2.6] >>>
    >>> GPy with firmware version 1.20.2.rc6
    Your modem is in application mode. Here is the current version:
    UE5.0.0.0d
    LR5.1.1.0-39529

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The version on pycoms sequans page is currently 41065.

Any recommendations? Would i just be asking for trouble by updating it? Thanks...

K

• Quick update: Activation finally went through after they fixed something on their end. Next up is to see if it actually works...

K

Pycom on Twitter