Lopy 4 + Expansionboard 3.1 Pycom Upgrade Tool Error

• Hello everyone

I have a question concerning the upgrade tool from pycom.
    The hardware is as described in the title. I managed to update the Expansionboard 3.1 with the dfu file given on the website.
    I now run into an issue, where I try to upgrade the firmware but it says it fails with this error:

Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header

Does anyone have any fixes for me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• @Livelock @robert-hh

Update:
    In the mode EF98 I installed the CDC-Driver in zadig. Now device manager sees Expansion3 on COM5

This is also able to be chosen in the pycom upgrade tool.
    The error is gone and I was able to install it.

I really hope they update their documentation. It is lacking.

Thank you so much!

Edit:
    For the second board, I only needed to reinstall it once. Now it sees the board.

• @robert-hh

I tried reinstalling the drivers on the expansion board, but this doesn't seem to fix the issue.

Annotation 2020-05-10 020423.jpg

This is what appears and disappears when plugging it in or plugging it out. Now this doesn't show up under a COM in the device manager.

Any ideas?

• @Livelock Please check in the device manager, if there is another COM port present when the LoPy + expansion board is connected. If yes, use that one. It should appear, when you connect the Lopy, and disappear, when you unplug it.
    If it is not present, there might be a device driver missing. There was a lot of discussion about that configuration here in the forum. Search for Zadiq, which seems the tool to set that up. Using Linux, I never had the need for that.

• @robert-hh

a) How do I check?
    b) GUI
    c) Windows

I also suspect it does not get the correct port, since no matter where I plug the module in, it always says COM1 as the only possibility. Sorry for too little information.

26446567-b8ce-4c03-b72f-6e953809f586-image.png

• This post is deleted!

• @Livelock A few questions:
    a) do you have a REPL prompt in the actual state?
    b) which Pycom upgrade tool are you using, the GUI or command line tool?
    c) Which PC operating system are you using.

Pycom on Twitter