Can't update on MacOS (MBP 16")

• Hi,

New to pycom and playing with my first kit - expansion board 3.1 + lopy module. I am trying to follow the instructions and updating the expansion board but I am not getting anywhere.

Running the command: dfu-util -D /Users/nogi/Downloads/expansion31_0.0.11.dfu, I get

dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
    Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
    This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
    Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Match vendor ID from file: 04d8
    Match product ID from file: ef99
    dfu-util: More than one DFU capable USB device found! Try `--list' and specify the serial number or disconnect all but one device

Running with --list I get:

Found DFU: [1edb:be2d] ver=0102, devnum=4, cfg=2, intf=0, path="0-2", alt=0, name="UNKNOWN", serial="206D316D5856"
    Found DFU: [1edb:be2d] ver=0102, devnum=4, cfg=2, intf=0, path="0-2", alt=0, name="UNKNOWN", serial="206D316D5856"
    Found Runtime: [04d8:ef99] ver=0007, devnum=8, cfg=1, intf=0, path="0-2", alt=0, name="UNKNOWN", serial="UNKNOWN"

There is only the one device that matches yet it doesn't find it. The serial number for the expansion board shows as UNKNOWN so can't specify serial #. Even if I just say UNKNOWN it still doesn't work:

dfu-util -D /Users/nogi/Downloads/expansion31_0.0.11.dfu -S UNKNOWN
    dfu-util 0.9

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
    Copyright 2010-2016 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
    This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
    Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Match vendor ID from file: 04d8
    Match product ID from file: ef99
    Opening DFU capable USB device...
    ID 04d8:ef99
    Run-time device DFU version 0100
    Claiming USB DFU Runtime Interface...
    dfu-util: Cannot set alt interface zero

Any suggestions?

• Hi,
    At the moment we have an issue with the dfu-util program on MacOS. On the other operating systems, the tool works fine. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
    Gijs

• I have the same issue, does anyone know how I can get a firmware update to work on a Mac?

Pycom on Twitter