Guide/Tutorial/Reference about Expansion Board
rcolistete last edited by
Here is a long guide/tutorial/reference about all Expansion Board models :
Thanks to Ricardo Retsos.
"Using Expansion Board" has :
- hints & tips collected from some years of experience, Pycom forum, etc;
- detailed descriptions of features, mini-jumpers, etc;
- list of documentation from Pycom and community;
- many comparisons between the Expansion Board models;
- tutorial about installing firmware on Expansion Board v3.x;
- example source code to access user LED, user button, microSD slot, read battery voltage, etc;
- energy consumption measurements of all Expansion Board models in active/light sleep/deep sleep, with USB power supply and battery power;
- voltage measurements with USB power supply and battery power.
For example, tests with Expansion Board v3.1 with WiPy3 in :
- deep sleep mode, power from battery (Vbat = 3,61-3,66 V) :
- 34 uA with only TX/RX mini-jumpers;
- 102 uA with all mini-jumpers;
- 183 uA with 8GB Sandisk UHS-I uSD and all mini-jumpers;
- 160 uA with 16GB Toshiba M203 UHS-I uSD and all mini-jumpers;
- 692 uA with 32GB Samsung Evo UHS-I uSD and all mini-jumpers.
- the LED mini-jumpers adds 68 uA;
- microSD card, just inserted, adds 58-590 uA, depending on the uSD card (not only the capacity).
- active mode, it seems a 'feature' (or bug ?) when using TX/RX mini-jumpers and battery supply (3.61-3.66 V) :
- 34.5-35.0 ma without mini-jumpers;
- 68.8-69.4 ma with only TX/RX mini-jumpers
- 69.6-70.2 ma will all mini-jumpers.
This is a 33.8-34.9 mA increase.
But when using USB power (Vusb = 5.06-5.08 V), this issue doesn't happen, i = 43-44 mA with any mini-jumpers configuration.