Restructure of the documentation
First update from me!
I have been with Pycom for about a month now to provide technical support for our producs. Whilst getting started with the products (and through some user feedback), I noticed that the
getting startedsection in the documentation was quite complicated and needed some rework.
Over the last few weeks I have been working on fixing the structure of the documentation. Do not worry, all information is still there, just at a different (more logical) place! You might also notices some design changes here and there. A list of all major changes:
- Moved the Pytrack Pysense tab into examples and API references.
- Improved the getting started guide (let me know what you think!)
- Structured examples in a different way and added new examples
- Combined data sheets to include the testing documents
- Created a separate ‘Update firmware’ section where all information about updating the firmware is combined.
Let me know if you find anything that does not work anymore, if you have requests for new examples or if you are missing information!
Nice to see that someone started to update the documentation.
I don't know the actual status. When I started many examples were broken or not implemented completely, Not a big deal for professionals, but you target beginners as well. They need running examples.
Experts and beginners struggle together when examples show deprecated or outdated code. This will be problem in the near future. You decided to stop updating LoPys. So we need documentation and examples for different versions.
It will be nice, if the examples are part of your tests, so you can notice bad examples early.