Battery Time

• Hi

I have a SiPy connected to the expansion board v2 and a 500mAh battery. When this battery is fully charged though I can only ever get at most a few hours run time on the whole device.

I cant see how the device, with bluetooth and WIFI deactivated can possibly consume even 100mA.

Any suggestions? The code is:

Boot.py:

from network import WLAN
    from machine import UART
    from network import Bluetooth
    import os
    uart = UART(0, 115200)
    os.dupterm(uart)
    wlan = WLAN()
    bluetooth=Bluetooth()
    wlan.deinit()
    bluetooth.deinit()

Main.py:

import pycom
    pycom.heartbeat(False)

Is the serial management consuming power waiting input?

• Ok, great. Thanks.

• It's one of the features being worked on, for now .deinit() only disables the software device it doesn't power it off.

Should be coming in a future update as well as the power saving modes (deep sleep etc) you need to operate on battery power.

• What do you mean by it "doesnt turn it off yet"? I saw an SSID broadcast from the device before I applied that command, and then I didnt when I applied that command. The device goes through a lot of power in my opinion. I cant see how you can power this with a battery alone. Kind of defeats the purpose of a IoT device really.

• @bradnz
    WLAN.deinit() doesn't actually turn the peripheral off yet, it still consumes roughly the same.

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.