Can't get Sigfox ID and PAC from Lopy4

• Hi all,

I have a Lopy4 card installed on a Pytrack2.0. I updated the firmware of the Lopy4 (did not upgrade firmware of Pytrack 2.0 as requested). But I do not seem to get the sigfox ID and PAC. What am I doing wrong?![alt text](Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 23.06.16.png image url)

Thanks for your help

• I have the same problem.

I am using the Pycom firm update to update new firmware for my Sipy.

But it got stuck after I've chosen the country (Singapore).

Thanks.

af9e412e-b688-42ab-96d8-dc5dc5cdf829-image.png

• Hi @Gijs,

Thanks for all ! Operation OK. I get the Sigfox ID and PAC now.

Regards

• Hi,
    It seems your device is not explicitely recognized as a Lopy4 (note the difference in screenshots: https://docs.pycom.io/gettingstarted/registration/sigfox/). Please use the Firmware updater in online mode to retrieve the Sigfox PAC and ID, and do not submit a file manually, but rather let the tool get it from our software server. This way, it will / should also update the Sigfox PAC and ID if you previously removed it from the device (using for example erase all and/or erase config / nvs partitions).

Next to that, I recommend to update to the latest stable firmware version (1.20.2.r4), though if your course recommends something different, you can always downgrade to that version.

• Hi @Gijs ,
    I use updater tool and at the end of the operation, I get Device ID and LoRa Mac displayed but not SigFox

FenRes.png

I use the latest version of Firmware updater tool (1.16.5) and th choice of this firmware is as recommended in a learning course

Hope this enough to describe my problem

• If you use the firmware updater tool, it will give you the SigFox PAC and ID in the last screen as mentioned in the documentation page I linked in. Please elaborate on what is not working for you.

• Hi @Gijs,

Can u help me because I'm facing the same issue. I can't get Sigfox Id and PAC with Lopy 4 ('ffffffff' instead). Already trying to update firmware (now with 1.20.1). I'm using Windows version of updater tool.

Thanks

• Hi Gijs,

I've got the same problem with a new Lopy4 I've just bought. I already try method that works (using firmware 1.20.1, updating with latest Windows version of Pycom Firmware Update tool)

Can u help me, regards, Olivier

• @Gijs Hello :)

Thank you for your answer. I got the ids with the firmware updater.

Regards

• Hi,
    You should be able to get them using the firmware updater tool as shown here: https://docs.pycom.io/gettingstarted/registration/sigfox/

• Hello,

I am facing the same issue. I just bought the lopy4 and it's impossible for me to get the sigfox id and pac number.
    Could you please enlighten me here ?

Thank you,

Regards
    Yacine

• Hi,
    This happens when you clear the CONFIG and NVS partitions on firmware upgrade. Normally they would be restored to the sigfox IDs as we keep a backup of them, but if the firmware updater tool has no internet connection, we can unfortunately not do that.

Edit: Can you privately DM me the WMAC of your device?

Gijs

Pycom on Twitter