SiPy Bluetooth

• My program isn't finding my phone (which has its bluetooth visible to all). Is there a certain time I need to scan for, currently I scan for 10 seconds.

Program:

from network import Bluetooth
    bluetooth = Bluetooth()

bluetooth.start_scan(10)
    while bluetooth.isscanning():
        adv = bluetooth.get_adv()
        if adv:
            print(adv)
        else:
            print("NONE")

• @jmarcelino is there any way to configure this? Any libraries or plug ins for the board's BT sensor I could use?

• @sk
    If your phone isn't advertising (as a BLE peripheral) then the SiPy will have no knowledge of it.

• @jmarcelino is there any way to see a list of devices that SiPy has found whether or not it is advertising? Bluetooth must do an initial acknowledgement of some sort with other bluetooth devices, right? Is there a way to see the devices they acknowledge?

• @jmarcelino Thank you.
    I understand the problem now. I just wanted SiPy to act as a sniffer for cellphones with their bluetooth or wifi/hotspot on.

• The only way for your phone to appear in the scan is to turn it into a Bluetooth LE (BLE) peripheral device, for example by running some app that puts it into that mode.

Phones are normally BLE central, so they don't advertise on BLE - they only scan for peripherals much like you're doing.

(You may be be thinking of Bluetooth Classic, which is different)

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.