Can't get PyTrack to work due to firmware issue

• Hi,

I was planning a project with my PyTrack v1.0, that I never really used before. Unfortunately, I can't even get the example code to work.

When I try, pycoproc.py is raising an exception:

ValueError('Firmware out of date')

I was able to upgrade the firmware of my FiPy to 1.20.3.b0, but can't update the PyTrack firmware. When I try, I get the dreaded dfu-util: Cannot set alt interface zero bug. (Running macOS 10.14.6).

Is there any way at all to proceed? All suggestions are welcome!

• Hello

I have a similar issue, I'm trying to update the firmware of my Pytrack v1.1 but I get an error. Here is the output when I run the DFU-util tool

$ dfu-util -D pytrack_0.0.8.dfu 
    dfu-util 0.10

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
    Copyright 2010-2020 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
    This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
    Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/p/dfu-util/tickets/

Match vendor ID from file: 04d8
    Match product ID from file: f014
    Opening DFU capable USB device...
    ID 04d8:f014
    Run-time device DFU version 0100
    Claiming USB DFU Runtime Interface...
    dfu-util: Cannot claim interface 0: LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND

I'm working on Mac OS 10.15.7, but as this errors only occurs on Mac OS I'll try to update my Pytrack using a Windows system as recommended

• Hi,
    There are two solutions I can think of at this time. The easiest being to use a different operating system (unfortunately, the error only occurs on MacOS). Other things you could try is to downgrade the libusb package to version 1.0.22, and use dfu-util 0.10, that does work at the moment (we're in communication with the dfu-util team to get the issue resolved).

Sorry for the inconvenience

Gijs

Pycom on Twitter