Failed Firmware Update (Pysense)

• This happens in the last step when running the comnad:
    sudo dfu-util -D pysense_0.0.8.dfu

shows this:
    Captura de Pantalla 2021-03-24 a la(s) 11.48.11.png

• @Gijs said in Failed Firmware Update (Pysense):

Im guessing a Virtual Machine would be appropriate as well (though I have not tried it that way yet)

Indeed, I've heard a report of windows in virtual box on mac os works. I would assume other guest-OS/VM combos to work as well

• The fix is included in the master branch of libusb, though there has not been a release yet. It seems they're planning to release 1.0.25 before april (though that is not a guarentee), so either upgrade to the latest master version by building the libusb yourself, or sit tight for the next version to release. Unfortunately we do not have a better solution at this time, other than the ones mentioned above.

Btw, any OS other than macOS would do the trick, so Im guessing a Virtual Machine would be appropriate as well (though I have not tried it that way yet). You could also use something like a raspberry pi.

• @peterp I don't have any other computer. I tried to downgrade the libusb to 1.0.22, but it seems to be a conflict with the dependency of dfu-util obviously it downloads the libusb 1.0.24. Any advice?

• You can find the complete context of this issue here: https://github.com/pycom/pycom-micropython-sigfox/issues/422. There is a workaround for macOS, but as my colleague mentioned, using a different operating system is the easiest solution

• @Elias-Tapia I think I've heard of this before in the context of some problem between Mac OS and dfu-util. I can't remember the exact details, but do you have another computer available? That would be the simplest workaround

Pycom on Twitter