Pymakr having issue with SiPy (Could not enter friendly repl. (click to attempt to reconnect))

• The Pymakr is always showing this problem when hooked up to my SiPy:

Connecting to a Pycom device...
    Connected
    > Could not enter friendly repl. (click to attempt to reconnect)
    Connecting to a Pycom device...
     Connected
    > Could not enter friendly repl. (click to attempt to reconnect)

I've reinstalled Pymakr (1.0.0.b8) but it still gives the same error?

My SiPy RGBLed is also flashing red and orange every second which I don't know where it got the code to do that since none of the projects I've last synced to it has the code for flashing leds?

The last projects I've synced were all to do with reading a temperature from the onewire Ds18b20 sensor.

Any ideas?

• @maku said in Pymakr having issue with SiPy (Could not enter friendly repl. (click to attempt to reconnect)):

@iotmaker never used atom. You have plugin that can handle ftp transfer or are you using an external ftp client?

Just use Filezilla as ftp client

you can have the ftp client connected and the serial port running at the same time...

after transferring the file via ftp, just do a reset via serial port commands

• @iotmaker never used atom. You have plugin that can handle ftp transfer or are you using an external ftp client?

• I had same problem and got tired of it....

Solution is.. dont use PYMAKR

I began to use Atom and i transfer the file via FTP. and everything works great now

• I just got back in contact with my board.
    I did three things.
    Safeboot to factory firmware
    Execute -> >>> import os
    >>> os.mkfs('/flash')
    Changed usb port to usb 2, closed Pymakr, unplugged board, changed COM-port-

MOST unfortunately, I need to repeat these steps between running code. :(

Hope it'll work for someone else.
    /Mathias

• I have the same problem. After updating the firmware I lost all connection with the board. I tried all SAFE-boot options, which most of the time levaes the console hanging.
    Whenever I try to run code or sync project the board stop responding.
    The two errors I get are either "Could not enter......" or it hans after connected until I shut pymakr.

Edit: The last code I ran before running into numerous problems ended with sig.recv(32) which seems to freeze up everything.

• Hi @sk, try booting the SiPy into safe boot mode with the following instructions -

https://docs.pycom.io/pycom_esp32/pycom_esp32/toolsandfeatures.html?highlight=safe boot#safeboot

Let me know if the problems persists!

Cheers,

Alex

Pycom on Twitter