PyGate TTN v3 Community Edition
I am trying to connect my PyGate to The Things Stack community edition (eu1.cloud.thethings.network) without luck.
Downloaded the global_conf.json from the v3 console, followed the https://docs.pycom.io/tutorials/expansionboards/pygate/ (as close as possible) and the pygate logs do not contain any errors.
Unit works fine on the old ttn, but does not want to connect to the v3 stack. I see the v3 stack has removed the legacy forwarder, this is probably an issue. Do I need to set up the PyGate as a Basic Station and will a GPy be able to handle this with the memory limitations?
Looks like I got it working, just followed the guide on https://docs.pycom.io/tutorials/expansionboards/pygate/ with a few modifications.
- Create a gateway in the v3 console
- Download the Global configuration from the gateway overview page in the console
- Add the gateway_ID stuff to the bottom of the downloaded global_conf.json file
- Change downloaded global_conf.json to config.json
- Add a Gateway EUI in the console, I used the GPy´s mac address and added ff:fe in the middle to avoid using a semi random that might conflict with an other gateway later on.
- Use the Gateway EUI (not the human readable Gateway ID from console) as the gateway_ID in the config.json
- Reboot and it seems to be working
Hope this makes sense
We're working on updating the documentation to the v3 thingsstack. I did not get around to working with it yet as its quite new. Sorry for the delay