Sigfox PAC issue

• Hello,
    As I try to register my LoPy to Sigfox I got :

"CRA rejected the modem ownership transfer: The device with id xxxxxxxx can't be registered for the moment, please contact your device vendor.".

I know the device was already activated 1 or 2 years ago, so the free offer is not possible. I have a payed Sigfox account with another LoPy registred so the problem seems not to be related to the account but to the device.

Any idea?
    Thierry

• @Gijs
    Hello, I found the "transfer" button on the original owner "Device" interface.
    But as he deleted it, the device is viewable in "Deleted Device" not in "Device" and there is no such a transfer button for Deleted Device.

I tried with the Deleted Device PAC and get : "CRA rejected the modem ownership transfer: The device with id 00000000 can't be registered for the moment, please contact your device vendor.". (note the strange 00000000 instead of the PAC i gave)

Another strange thing :

• the Deleted Device PAC is "E9--------------" (with - not to write the real one :-))
    • while the ubinascii.hexlify(Sigfox().pac()) gives "82--------------"
      maybe the issue is there?

Any idea?

• If you log into the account that owns the device, there will be a button at the top of the 'your devices' that mentions 'transfer device'. As the device was indeed already registered, you cannot re-register it to your account, and it will reject the transfer.

Sorry I cannot show it in detail today, perhaps (if you remind me) I can attach some screenshots on Friday!

• @Gijs Hello, thank you to follow it.

When I follow "buy.sigfox.com > Activate My Dev Kit" and fill the ID/PAC fields with parameters returned by Sigfox().id() and Sigfox().pac(), the form reply "We could not find a DevKit matching your ID/PAC".
    This seems coherent with the fact that the original PAC was used to activate the device some years ago.

When I enter into my personnal account in "backend.sigfox.com" and try to create a device with the PAC the from reply "CRA rejected the modem ownership transfer: The device with id xxxxxxxxxx can't be registered for the moment, please contact your device vendor."

I think the PAC is somewhat "invalid" but no idea about to generate a new PAC.

You say "If you already activated the device with a different account, you'll need to transfer it first.". How may I do it?
    Hope this help.

• Im not sure which method you're using to re-activate your device, but let me know what happens when you go through buy.sigfox.com?

If you already activated the device with a different account, you'll need to transfer it first.

Pycom on Twitter