FiPy interface with a two Dout lines in the SPI interface

• Hello everyone,

I´m trying to find a way to connect a AD7606 ADC to my Fipy. This ADC has a non standard SPI interface so it has two Dout lines to read from. According to the datasheet, the ADC simultanously send data from both lines but it is buffered so I could read the data from one line and later on switch to the second line and retrieve the data but it should require to reconfigure the SPI interface on each sample. Has anyone deal with this challenge? Is there a way to fix this? Thanks

Marcos

• @MarcosC

Since you cannot read both outputs at the same time, you could as well simply use just one output from the AD7606, Output A.

I would go for this one. As far as I understand the data sheet, you will read the data of outputB at outputA too. They just follow the first data set. That seems to be the easiest and fastest method.

• @robert-hh said in FiPy interface with a two Dout lines in the SPI interface:

ay be a little bit faster than re-configuring the SPI.

Thanks Robert. Those were in my list of options but I was unsure if the first trick ( reconfgure de SPI ) impacted in the overall performance of the GPy. Y
    our inputs are much appreciated.

• @MarcosC You can always re-configure or re-create a SPI interface. You could also use an external gate controlled by a GPIO pin. That may be a little bit faster than re-configuring the SPI.

Since you cannot read both outputs at the same time, you could as well simply use just one output from the AD7606, Output A.

Pycom on Twitter