LoPy4 publishing to TTN v3 via MQTT

• Has anybody managed to get functioning sample code? Studied tutorial on TTN website, used their CLI tools mosquitto_sub and mosquitt_pub: got data with mosquitto_sub, but cannot publish with mosquitto_pub. Neither can I get my LoPy to submit any data. LoPy is connected via wlan to the internet.

from mqtt import MQTTClient
    import time

def sub_cb(topic, msg):
       print(msg)

client = MQTTClient(
        'dev7',
        'nam1.cloud.thethings.network',
        user='app7@ttn',
        password='NNSXS.GC.....',
        port=1883)

client.set_callback(sub_cb)
    client.connect()
    time.sleep(3)

client.publish(topic='v3/app7@ttn/devices/dev7/up', msg='vu8=')

After client.connect() I get the following response.

0xc b'10:7e:00:04:4d:51:54:54:04:c2:00:00'
    b' \x02\x00\x00'

But no reaction to the client.publish(...) part. Got any ideas?

• Meanwhile I am able to subscribe and publish from a Unix console with

mosquitto_sub -h "nam1.cloud.thethings.network" -p "8883" -u "app7@ttn" -P "NNSXS.GCNX64NFC6OYQRVYMZZBQ2UT7DUYZ4AQW22QTOA.WVSKGGBTNDGA52OH4BERZPBPUSBS6TKSXLVTUNSCIFVJBOVG4KAA" -t "#" -d

and

mosquitto_pub -h "nam1.cloud.thethings.network" -p "8883" -u "app7" -P "NNSXS.GCNX64NFC6OYQRVYMZZBQ2UT7DUYZ4AQW22QTOA.WVSKGGBTNDGA52OH4BERZPBPUSBS6TKSXLVTUNSCIFVJBOVG4KAA" -t "v3/app7@ttn/devices/dev7/down/push" -m '{"downlinks":[{"f_port": 2, "frm_payload": "vu8=", "priority": "NORMAL"}]}' -d

The problem was the payload as it needs to be encoded Base64 or it gets dismissed to Nirvana without feedback.

So I know I can communicate to TTN v3. But I cannot replicate the same functionality from a LoPy4 module using its WiFi connection. It seems to make a valid connect(), but then there is no reaction on the callback function!? Is there any additional setup required to bring that to life?

• For easier testing here's the complete config.

client = MQTTClient(
        'dev7',
        'nam1.cloud.thethings.network',
        user='app7@ttn',
        password='NNSXS.GCNX64NFC6OYQRVYMZZBQ2UT7DUYZ4AQW22QTOA.WVSKGGBTNDGA52OH4BERZPBPUSBS6TKSXLVTUNSCIFVJBOVG4KAA',
        port=1883)

Pycom on Twitter