Trouble trying to get the lte modem to responding

• We can't use the pycom firmware so we are using esp-idf. I have ported the lte logic over from the pycom-micropython-sigfox branch. After startup the modem works perfectly. But when I do a soft reboot it stops working. I have tried using the pymakr to just use raw uart and write exactly the same AT commands, when I do this it works.
    So in summary

from machine import UART
    import time
    serial = UART(1, baudrate=921600, pins=('P5', 'P98', 'P7', 'P99'), timeout_chars=1)
    print(serial.read())
    while True:
    	serial.write("+++" + '\r\n')
    	time.sleep(1)
    	print(serial.read())
    	serial.write("AT" + '\r\n')
    	time.sleep(1)
    	print(serial.read())
    	serial.write("AT" + '\r\n')
    	time.sleep(1)
    	print(serial.read())

This code will wake up the modem inside pymakr's environment. But when I do exactly the same in esp-idf. It doesn't do anything. The lte modem doesn't respond

I thought maybe there is an internal pin that I need to reset to reset the modem? Or do something with the uart before starting?

• @hakan-sanli

I noticed you have not received any reply yet, a pattern I think relates to the fact that Pycom's primary focus is on their backend service offering, hardware is just a tool to get there, hence they discourage non Pycom firmware development.

We have just started out on the same road, but still cannot get to flash WiPy or FiPy devices reliably using the PySense and PyTrack boards. Have connected a switch to EN pin and tried 5 different USB adapters, 4 different types. No luck getting any output

But (using PySense or PyTrack) the devices connect to the dev platform and can be flashed, upgraded and operated.

Any suggestions?

Pycom on Twitter