VSCode pymakr upload fails?

• I am really struggling to get reliable use of the pymakr extension for VSCode. I am only extremely occasionally able to upload a project. My project has roughly 50 python files and is 200-300KB.

Attached are some screen grabs. I also have a PicoScope on the TX line (PC perspective, so "P0" on the Fipy) on the right hand side.

Please see attached me interacting with the device via a terminal and no response from the upload button: I can't insert the URL as it is flagged as spam and I can't attach it because it is too small!

And then after some vigerous resetting and restarting VSCode it starts uploading (seen on the picoscope) and then just stops.

failed-upload.gif

I'm on VSCode version 1.67.2 and Pymakr version v2.12.3 and Pycom MicroPython 1.20.3.b4 [v1.11-95ab8f63] on 2021-09-10; FiPy with ESP32

This is incredibly frustrating! Can you help resolve this and / or provide a simple CLI tool for uploading a project folder?! The extension is / has been very unreliable.

I am using the Fipy wired up as shown here: https://development.pycom.io/gettingstarted/programming/usbserial/ (No expansion board).

• I did a test with a ~550kb project consisting of 75 files using Pymakr - Preview. I was unable to reproduce any issues, but will do some further testing tomorrow. There could be room for performance improvements for existing files.

• Hi @Manu-Lange, thanks for reporting this.

The quiet upload has been fixed and is available in the next patch. You can try it in the Pymakr preview.

I have never seen a device stop mid-upload. If you're able to share the sources files, I'll be happy to see if I can replicate the issue.

In settings->pymakr->debug->log level you can increase the level of logging, though in the event of a failed upload, I don't think it's a matter of log verbosity.

I've given your issue high priority, so we can get it solved ASAP. For now I'll try create a randomized project in the ~ 50 files / 300 kb range. If you have any information that you think might expedite the solution, please let me know.

Pycom on Twitter