FiPy on Expansionboard 2.1A stopped functioning

• Serial connection not working

I have just started using my FiPy on an older expandion board (only one available to purchase in Australia). It worked fine when I first powered it up. But on second use; I no longer get any Comm port enumerate in device manager when I connect the board.

Tried all combinations of power supply options (just powering with USB, also powering with lithium battery, external regulated 5V to the Vin) - multiple laptops, multiple serial cables - no dice.

The device does appear to power up and start blinking its blue light - which suggests to me it running its default code.

Any advice / known issues I should be aware of with this hardware? Recommended tests? This device is not too easy to debug given the lack of schematics - am I missing a repo or something?

Thanks in advance

• Well - this is embarrassing..

I first tested this at home, I had 3 micro USB cables - the first one I used worked. I travelled to site; bringing 2 micro USB cables with me - and I'm sure you already know where this is going..

Those cable appear to power up the FiPy only - and not allow the comm's to function. I borrowed a 3rd cable yesterday - and it worked immediately..

Thanks for your support - cutting all my "power only" micro-USB's in half..

• @Antman Are all jumpers closed?

• @Antman The expansion board should show up as a USB device even without the FiPy installed.

• Did you change any of the switches?
    • Have you tried to upgrade the expansion board firmware (though I'm wondering if that applies to the 2.1 version or only 3+, don't remember when they switched to a PIC for the serial/USB connection)
    • What OS are you using on your computer?

Also you mention serial cables, you mean USB cables, right?

Pycom on Twitter