New firmware release 1.6.7.b1 (LoRaWAN Nano Gateway with TTN example!!)

• I am not sure why there is no response to this problem... previously posted, so here it is again.
    Am I the only trying to do this, or I am missing something obvious...?

Is is possible to change SSID of wipi in AP mode?

Following:

import machine
    import os
    import pycom

pycom.heartbeat(True)

uart = machine.UART(0, 115200) # disable these two lines if you don't want serial access
    os.dupterm(uart)

from network import WLAN
    wl = WLAN()

#trying to change AP properties:

original_ssid = "MyNode"
    wl.ssid(original_ssid)

original_auth = (3,'bewell')

wl.init(mode=WLAN.AP, ssid=original_ssid, auth=original_auth, channel=6, antenna=WLAN.INT_ANT)

Does not change SSID visible on my iphone.
    It remains wipy-wlan-xxx
    Am I doing something wrong?

Or SSID is hardcoded regardless of what says in documentation:

"wlan.ssid([ssid])
    Get or set the SSID when in AP mode.

• Wow, great development! :-) This is A LOT better than my simple gateway code, well done Pycom team. This will now run permanently on one of my LoPys.

Just a suggestion, there is a convention for Gateway IDs on TTN, they're usually the first 3 bytes of MAC address + FFFE + last 3 bytes of MAC address, so I added the following to config.py:

import machine
    import binascii
    CONVENTIONAL_EUI = binascii.hexlify(machine.unique_id()).upper()
    CONVENTIONAL_EUI = CONVENTIONAL_EUI[:6] + "FFFE" + CONVENTIONAL_EUI[6:12]

# Set Gateway ID to the first 3 bytes of MAC address + 'FFFE' +  last 3 bytes of MAC address 
    GATEWAY_ID = CONVENTIONAL_EUI
    # Alternatively uncomment and change this to your fixed Gateway EUI
    # GATEWAY_ID = '11aa334455bb7788'

• @this-wiederkehr sorry, we haven't pushed the latest docs. There's a new method called stats, try:

lora.stats()

Which returns a namedtuple that contais the rssi, snr and other usefult data (from the last received packet).

Cheers,
    Daniel

• lora.rssi() is missing at least since 1.6.6.b1... could you fix please?

ah. for anyone wondering lora.rssi() seems to be deprecated in favor of lora.stats() this will output something like:

(timestamp=1502245986, rssi=-39, snr=29, sf=7)

documentation is as usual outdated...

• Exciting to see this finally released! :D Let us know if you deploy your LoPy as a TTN (or other) Nano Gateway - would be cool to see it in use!

• @daniel thx, you can avoid autolinking from *.py files by escape them as inline code

Inline `code.py` has `back-ticks around` it.
    is
    Inline code.py has back-ticks around it.

see the Markdown doc e.g. under https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Cheatsheet#code

• @Clemens thanks. It was never my intention to create Hyperlinks, I just wanted to have then in bold, but somehow the forum treats then as such because of the .py extension, so I have removed that now.

• Hi @daniel congrats about success :)

I do not have Lopy and i am interested if this release have something releated to Wipy2 too?

• @daniel amazing news! lopy weekend, just in time!

• I'll definitely try it as soon as possible !

• @daniel your links nanogateway.py, config.py and main.py point to http://nanogateway.py/ http://config.py/ ... can you link to the git file or delete the hyperlink reference

• @simonc thanks! :-)

• @daniel Wow - congratulations - I think this is a great accomplishment and use case for LoPys!

Pycom on Twitter