Pysense Schematic Diagram

• Hello,
    Please help me with the schematic diagram of Pysense board ASAP. Thank you.

• @jcaron said in Pysense Schematic Diagram:

@sslupsky That's not my experience on the battery connector voltage. My devices (Pysense + LoPy) stop booting around 3.3V. A LiPo battery can't even provide 4.4V, I believe the max is around 4.1V.

Are you sure it's not a problem of max current rather than voltage?

Li-Ion max is typically 4.2 V.

Full ack here on the missing schematics. I've spent already hours on reverse engineering the PySense (some info here https://forum.pycom.io/topic/3585/pysense-why-a-coprocessor/5) and find this very frustriating.
    I still don't get why they are doing this. Any counterfeiter would be able to copy the design within a few days, so for them the missing schematic is only a small hurdle.
    It does hurt us - the customers who have paid for the designs and are forced to trace lines on the PCB to figure out how to use it properly. BTW existing documentation of the PySense is very poor.

• @sslupsky That's not my experience on the battery connector voltage. My devices (Pysense + LoPy) stop booting around 3.3V. A LiPo battery can't even provide 4.4V, I believe the max is around 4.1V.

Are you sure it's not a problem of max current rather than voltage?

• @xykon Your "spec sheet" provides very little information. Your "pin out" lacks any technical details regarding timing, voltage levels, etc. for any of the signals. Moreover, there is no information except to guess, how each peripheral is connected to the Pycom module. Furthermore, the power supply is not undocumented. I found from experimentation that any voltage applied that is less than 4.4V to the battery connector and the module will not boot up. That's kinda weird because all Lithium batteries are less than that. I am at a loss to understand this though because there is no schematic that would enable me to understand why that is happening.

Pycom needs to get their act together and release the full schematics for the modules and expansion boards. Sleuthing around on these forums trying to piece information together is extremely frustrating and time consuming.

• administrators

We don't release full schematics but this should help: https://docs.pycom.io/chapter/datasheets/boards/pysense.html

Pycom on Twitter