GPy firmware update failed

• I followed the steps to setup the GPy, but am getting a failure message when I try to update the firmware. The message I get is:

"The upgrade failed, please check the connections and try the steps again."
    "This is the log of the upgrading process:"
    "Connecting..........................."
    "Failure!"

I am using the expansion board and I have a jumper on the tx pins. I have a wire shorting G23 to GND. I installed the FTDI drivers. I'm getting this error on Windows 10, and I got a similar error running Ubuntu.

I read from other forums that if I connect to the board using Tera Term and hit the reset button, that the board should identify itself, but I'm not getting anything.

If I plug the board in without the shorting G23 and GND, the demo application seems to work fine, so I don't think it's bricked.

Any ideas how to fix this?

• @jmarcelino

That fixed the problem! I did not have a jumper on the RX pins. By demo application I mean that when I plug in the board the green LED flashes, followed by the blue LED every 4 seconds.

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Hi @jermj93

Please go through this checklist to make sure everything is correct:

https://forum.pycom.io/topic/763/firmware-upgrade-troubleshooting-checklist-procedure

For example mention you have a jumper on the TX pins, but you must also have on on RX.

Also what do you mean by "demo application"? You mean you can see the MicroPython interpreter (REPL)?

Pycom on Twitter