Making Drivers Work with Old Boards

• I got a LoPy (version 1.0r) in October 2017, and the expansion board version 2.1A. I'm trying to install the driver. I'm on Windows 7 and following the instructions
    here. I'm going through the steps, but my device still does not show up in the Windows Device Manager. I'm wondering if the instructions for installing the drivers updating firmware are still valid given the older hardware, and if not, what I can do to get the board showing up as a device. The instructions on that link are here:

To uploaded the latest DFU firmware to the Pytrack/Pysense, first install the DFU drivers to the host computer. Open Zadig and select libusbK as the driver.
    To install the drivers, the Pytrack/Pysense board must be in DFU-mode:

1. Disconnect the USB cable
    2. Hold down the button on the shield
    3. Connect the USB cable
    4. Keep the button pressed for at least one second
    5. Release the button. When the board is connected in DFU-mode, it will be in this state for 7 seconds.
    6. Click the“Install Driver button immediately. If the driver was unsuccessful, repeat from step 1.

• @brady-aiello For the old expansion board you do not need the DFU drivers, as it uses an FTDI or similar USB/Serial bridge. it should work out-of-the-box. If you installed drivers according to the instructions you cited, remove them.
    See also the instructions here https://docs.pycom.io/chapter/gettingstarted/installation/firmwaretool.html#first in the expansion board 2 tab.

Some people had trouble with Windows and the V2.x expansion board, and there is a lot of discussion around it in the board, which sometimes is more confusing than helpful. As result of that, the instructions in the manual were updated.

b.t.w.: I prefer the V2 expansion board. Updating with the expansion board V3 or the pyxxxx board seems inconvenient, as it requires unplugging and replugging the board with a tight timing and reconfiguration of each OS.

Pycom on Twitter