Sipy deepsleep shield and sigfox transmission

• Hi,

I am trying to send a sigfox message using the sipy 1.0 deepsleep shield and a lipo battery. When connected to USB everything is working fine. But when using the lipo everything from the python side looks fine but I cannot get a message out to the sigfox backend.

I looked a bit deeper at the issue and it seems that below around 4,6V no messages are going out from the sipy.

This is how the messages look on a spectrum analyser. The messages below 4,6V seem to be garbled.
    0_1538160867348_sipy.png

Can anyone confirm this. This would mean that the sipy is pretty much useless with a lipo battery ;-(. I just tried one module maybe I need to try another one.

Firmware version:
    Pycom MicroPython 1.18.1.r1 [v1.8.6-849-b0520f1] on 2018-08-29; SiPy with ESP32

cu
    Christian

• Hello @crasu

if you use the pycom firmware tool and select "development" in the type dropdown on the communication page instead of "stable" you'll flash the latest release candidate that should have a fix for this.

• Is there a firmware released that I could try?

• Could you confirm this is an issue still in the 1.20rc builds. It should now be fixed :)

Pycom on Twitter