FiPy connection issues

• Hello,

I've been playing with a FiPy for a project. I also have the expansion board 3.1. I updated the firmware on the expansion board successfully, but I have been unable to connect to the FiPy using USB on either my Mac or my PC, having tried both the Pycom firmware upgrade tool as well as just trying to connect in Atom with the Pymakr plugin. However, I was able to connect to the FiPy using Atom via WiFi. When I try to update the firmware, I usually instantly error out with a timeout on the Rx data. However, sometimes it hangs up trying to connect and after 1-2 minutes errors out saying "Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header." Not sure what to try next.

• I eventually resolved the issue, thanks!

• @rseth Some basic questions about the USB connection
    a) Do you see a COMx interface on Windows or a /dev/cu.xxxx file on Mac. This interface appears/disappears when you plug in/off the board. If not:
    a.1) Are all jumpers installed on the expansion Board? Sometimes they are missing.
    a.2) Do you use a proper USB cable? Some cables are only good for charging and missing the data wires.

The firmware update connects via USB. So being not able to run it

Pycom on Twitter