Problems compiling latest pycom-micropython-sigfox/esp32

• I'm trying to add my frozen code to the latest build and I'm experiencing a lot of compiler errors. This seems to have happened because at some point I had to update my xtensa compiler. I'm currently using xtensa-esp32-gcc 8.2.0 (linux 64-bit). Can anyone confirm that this is the correct version that I should be using? So far I've had to add a couple of -Wno-error options to the makefile to get rid of warnings that are being treated as errors (unused-const-variable & array-bounds). Now I've gotten to a third which seems to be an actual bug (mperror.c:113:18 toggle using ~ instead of !).

I have a hard time believing others aren't experiencing the same problems. Can anyone else building on 64-bit linux tell me what compiler version they are using?

• @robert-hh That's where I thought I got my version. Anyway, thank you. That small difference in version made it work.

• @mfallavol You get the black backgound thing by enclosing it in lines with three backticks ```, which are also created by the </> icon on top of the text window.
    I downloaded the toolkit from the espressif page:
    https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/stable/get-started/linux-setup.html

• Thanks Robert. I was using a version similar to yours before I did the upgrade to the 8.2.0. Here is the version info:
    "xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.22.0-61-gab8375a) 5.2.0
    Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
    warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

(Not sure how to do the black background thing!)

The crosstool version is -61 instead of the -80 you have. Can you give me a link to your version? I did all of the submodule updates and I'm on the master branch (pycom_version.h says 1.18.2.r7). When I try to build using this older version of the compiler I get:
    "xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '-mfix-esp32-psram-cache-issue'"

That's what made me think I had the wrong compiler version in the first place.

• @mfallavol This is what I use:

xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc --version
    xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.22.0-80-g6c4433a) 5.2.0
    Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
    warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

That is the latest one downloaded from the web site.
    After unpacking the Pycom repository and specific esp-idf, did you run:

git submodule update --init

in each of them, after checking out the proper branch?
    in esp-idf this is idf_V3.1
    in pycom-micropython-sigfox this is master or release-candidate

Pycom on Twitter