Send SMS with Fipy in France

• Hello,
    It is more than one week that I am trying to attach my Fipy to LTE M network. I finally managed to do it. And now it is more than one week that I am trying to send an SMS but with no results...
    I use AT command to send SMS. The response is "OK" but I do not receive the SMS on my mobile phone. Is it the format of the phone number?
    Can anybody help me please? Thank you for your help

I am in France and I use Orange Network.

>>> print(lte.send_at_cmd('AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","simpoint.m2m"'))
    OK
    >>> print(lte.send_at_cmd('AT+COPS=?'))
    +COPS: (2,"Orange F","Orange F","20801",7)(1,"20820","20820","20820",7),,(0,1,2,3,4),(0,1,2)
    OK
    >>> print(lte.send_at_cmd('AT+COPS=1,2,"20801"'))
    OK
    >>> print(lte.send_at_cmd('AT+COPS?'))
    +COPS: 1,2,"20801",7
    OK
    >>> lte.isattached()
    True
    >>> print(lte.send_at_cmd('AT+SQNSMSSEND="0033661xxxx72", "Test SMS 1"'))
    +SQNSMSSEND: ID,8
    OK
    >>> print(lte.send_at_cmd('AT+SQNSMSSEND="0661xxxx72", "Test SMS 2"'))
    +SQNSMSSEND: ID,10
    OK
    >>>

• Hello, you were right, my SIM subscription does not allow sending SMS...
    So I tried with another SIM card (orange SIM card) and I managed at last to send SMS! Great!
    Thank you for your help every one.

• @jcaron Thank you for your answer, I saw the example and tested it as I tested many other.
    I have tested many format of phoner number too. I am going to see my if SIM subscription allows SMS.

• @Gijs Thank you for your answer. I had this error message too, one or two times. I am going check with my carrier for SMS.

• Hi,
    Sending SMS should be possible through the Fipy,
    Did you check with your carrier for the possibility to send SMS? I am getting the same as you, where the SNQSMSSEND gives an ID and OK response, but when i check the PyJTAG interface, it gives the

+SQNSMSSEND: SENT ERROR,6,500

Where 6 is the ID and 500 the error, as my provider does not allow for SMS

• @almeos You probably need to use AT+CMGF=1 to send text (by default it excepts a full PDU encoded in hex, I believe).

See here for an example.

Otherwise, have you tried with a +? Have you checked that your subscription actually allows sending SMS?

Pycom on Twitter