ImportError: cannot import name Bluetooth **SOLVED**

• I am trying to run some of the Bluetooth examples given in the documentation but am getting the error message: ImportError: cannot import name Bluetooth. I have updated to the latest WiPy 2.0 firmware and can run other code including a web server example, so I am reasonably confident the WiPy is working. I have also tried importing the Bluetooth class using the REPL but get the same result:

>>> from network import Bluetooth                                                                                       
    Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                      
      File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>                                                                                   
    ImportError: cannot import name Bluetooth   

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• @tenspot No problem! :) It was likely that you had a very old version of the firmware tool installed!

• @bucknall Hi, I have re-installed the firmware update program and run this to update the firmware to the latest version and I can now import the Bluetooth class.

Thanks for your help.

• @bucknall Hi, I have updated the firmware again but nothing has changed it is still showing as release='0.9.7.b1'. the update process seems to complete o.k. However, the firmware update program welcome screen say "This wizard will help you upgrade your Pycom board firmware to version 0.9.7.b1." so am I using an old version of this program?

• @tenspot Looks like your firmware update wasn't successful! This likely explains the Bluetooth issues!

Could you try to update the firmware again please? :)

You're looking to see release='1.6.3.b1',

Thanks!

• Hi,

The response is:

(sysname='WiPy', nodename='WiPy', release='0.9.7.b1', version='v1.8.6-234-g765f2bc on 2016-12 02', machine='WiPy with ESP32')

• Hi @tenspot,

Could you please go to the REPL and run:

import os
    os.uname()

I know you have already updated, but this will just double check that the firmware is on the latest version!

Pycom on Twitter