Problems with setting up an OTAA Node in TTN **SOLVED**

• Hey there!

I'm new to the whole IoT world (sorry for that) but the LoPy seemed really interesting so i decided to order two of them. As a first step I wanted the two LoPys to communicate with eachother in TTN (one as a GW and the other as a node). Setting up the first Lopy as a nano GW in TTN was easy thanks to @bucknall and his tutorial. But I'm getting problems with setting up the Node:
    I took the dev_eui; app_eui and the app_key numbers and pasted them into the otaa_node.py. After that I transferred that file to my LoPy and nothing happened. Do I have to rename that file? What needs to stand in the main.py file? Do I need to add additional files to the lib or sys folder? BTW I'm using the newest firmware (1.6.12.b1) and when I try to run the file I'm getting an error like this:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "main.py", line 15, in <module>
    ValueError: odd-length string

Anyone an idea? Thanks for your help!

• @livius oh man, such a stupid mistake! thank you man!

• @cylex

i do not know what you have in main.py on this line but look if it is e.g. unterminate hex values
    e.g.

app_eui = binascii.unhexlify('AD A4 DA E3 AC 12 67 6B'.replace(' ',''))

but you store

app_eui = binascii.unhexlify('AD A4 DA E3 AC 12 67 6'.replace(' ',''))

above missing second char "B" in pair (last char in the string) (odd chars but must be even)

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.