Lora-Mac=‎FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• Hello,
    I am not sure how I can fix this....I have already tried a factory reset

from network import LoRa
    import binascii
    lora = LoRa(mode=LoRa.LORAWAN)
    print(binascii.hexlify(lora.mac()).upper().decode('utf-8'))

Gives me : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

When I try to connect to The Things Network, my gateway shows the following dev eui (lora-mac) in the ttn console

‎12‎:‎47‎:‎55 868.3 4/5 SF9 BW125 205.8 app eui:70B3D57EF0004E35 dev eui:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF payload size:23 bytes

• @bucknall @daniel

any News?

• I made another Firmware update but the MAC address is still FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• administrators

Hello @Camot,

Did your LoPy was ever flashed with a custom firmware using the IDF? Did you perform a bulk erase on the flash memory?

Cheers,
    Daniel

• administrators

Hi @Camot, I've checked with Daniel and he asked me to verify if you used the ESP-IDF tool to erase the flash on your device?

Try performing another firmware update and it should correctly write over the flash with our firmware and correct the LoRa MAC address.

Thanks for your patience!

• @Camot said in Lora-Mac=‎FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:

@bucknall said in Lora-Mac=‎FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:

binascii.hexlify(lora.mac())

b'ffffffffffffffff'

Any news? My Lopy still have this invalid Lora-MAC

• @bucknall said in Lora-Mac=‎FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:

b'ffffffffffffffff'

• administrators

@Camot What happens now if you run the command

?

• @bucknall said in Lora-Mac=‎FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF:

Hi @Camot,

Have you used the firmware update tool to update your device? It seems like you might be running an outdated version of the firmware!

Thanks!

Alex

I have updated the Lopy with the firmware update tool yesterday.
    sysname='LoPy', nodename='LoPy', release='1.6.13.b1', version='v1.8.6-607-g9c8a0e9e on 2017-05-01', machine='LoPy with 
    ESP32', lorawan='1.0.0')

The good News is that I can enter that FFFFF... and use it like a regular address at the TTN config and it works as expected

• administrators

Hi @Camot,

Have you used the firmware update tool to update your device? It seems like you might be running an outdated version of the firmware!

Thanks!

Alex

Looks like your connection to Pycom Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.